Many today are totally reliant upon their ability to drive for both personal and commercial reasons. The loss of a licence can be devastating, unfortunately it can be very easy to find yourself in that situation. A person can lose their licence either because of a mandatory disqualification or through the accumulation of penalty points resulting in a disqualification. If any attempt is made to drive thereafter then a very serious offence is committed.
Saunders Solicitors Ltd. has a long and proud tradition of helping people in these types of cases. Whilst many solicitors will tell you that they do these types of cases Saunders Solicitors can say that we truly are specialists with a wealth of experience.
Our lawyers have acted in a whole range of cases including those where people have lost their lives on the roads, through allegations of alcohol related driving offences to cases of careless driving and driving at excess speed. The list is almost endless.
Not all cases are the same and the level of assistance and advice necessary varies according to the circumstances of the case and the individuals involved. Saunders Solicitors can provide advice and assistance at a very early stage. Sometimes intervention or gathering evidence at this time can have a profound effect and improve your chances in being successful in the outcome of the case.
Driving offences dealt with in the Magistrate’s Court, Guilty Plea – fixed fee £1,250.00 + VAT
- 2 hours attendance/preparation:
- considering evidence
- taking your instructions
- providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court within the boundary of the M25.
The fee does not include:
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing, these are likely to be:
- you meeting with your representative to provide instructions on what happened.
- us considering initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- us arranging to take any witness statements if necessary this will have an additional cost, of £250.00 per hour spent.
- us explaining the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- us conducting any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- unfortunately we cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- we will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for half a day.
- we will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost of £250.00 per hour spent.