Solicitor • Director
There is very little within the field of criminal and regulatory law that Gary does not have experience in. Over many years of practice he has represented both individuals and companies facing issues with the authorities. This breadth and depth of experience means that he can offer clients not only first class legal advice but also common sense, tactical nouse and support based upon a real understanding of clients and the issues that they face.
From the early stages of an investigation, be it at the Police Station or the receipt of unwelcome correspondence he can assist with guidance. Always accessible and easily approachable you can be assured that you are in safe hands.
Gary’s background is that of a seasoned litigator from the outset, originally concentrating upon traditional criminal offences his repertoire now extends to specialist advice in motoring and regulatory matters for both individuals and companies. He accepts instructions on a private basis and legally aided matters by mutual consent.
Examples of recent work:
- Instructed by a major overseas haulage company to assist in relation to unpaid excise duty and penalties for allegedly smuggled cigarettes. Successfully had all liabilities and claims rescinded.
- Instructed by a driver of a commercial vehicle which was involved in an accident where part of the vehicle became detached and caused fatal injuries to another road user. Representation before the Coroner’s Court at the Inquest and successfully had proceedings in the criminal Courts stayed as an abuse of process.
- Over a number of years has acted for famous media and sports personalities before Courts throughout the Country.
- Acted in a major fraud of international banking institutions where information was requested and distributed via the dark web. The case involved investigations by law enforcement authorities in various different jurisdictions.
- Acting for several different haulage and passenger carriage companies involving disputes with Border Force concerning the seizure and condemnation of vehicles and loads.
- Instructed by commercial operations such as parking and hospitality companies both in investigations and before the Courts for alleged road traffic law cases involving fleets and Director’s liability for the actions of company employees.
- Instructed by several Directors and Partners of major law firms involved in SRA interventions and Police investigations. After delicate negotiations successful outcomes were secured with all continuing to practice.